Contact:

Call Chase Evans:
801-699-9615

Or Email:
Chase Evans
chase@vitalityffp.com

TJ Bottom
TJ@vitalityffp.com

Monday, August 30, 2010

power endurance

on my way to 170.

today marks a day to give thanks....

a big thanks to michael blevins (http://slowtwitchsmash.blogspot.com/)

i want to make it a point to focus on michael's incessant ability to work hard, and his will to suffer; without michael i would not be where i am today. he provided me a training partner like non other i have met. while my fitness goals may not have had direction (still may not), michael always seemed to drive me to, or at least pressure me to do something challenging: be it triathlons, time trials, running, weight lifting, or just general fitness and getting yoked.

he has been a great friend, as well as an inspiration to me in many ways. he and i have had a long journey with fitness: finding our passion, finding our limits, discovering what works, what makes us happy, where we want to go, where we strive, and where we fail. he has recently decided to reconfigure his desires, and abilities to something much more specific than i. although i do not share his same passion at this point in time i will continue to learn from his struggles, gains, and mistakes.

today michael is on a journey with a group of individuals he has followed for many years. these individuals have played a huge role with my fitness goals, but most importantly my mental gains within the fitness realm. i want to thank mark twight, lisa twight, rob macdonald, and josh brockbank (www.gymjones.com). while i did not specifically train with each individual, they provided the vessel for me to find my weakness: my brain. i cannot explain the amount of gratitude i have for these people and their daily efforts. while i enjoy working hard, they truly exemplify hard work and follow through. a big thanks to you four for your inspiration, abilities, and while discouraging, your words expressing my ability (or lack there of). you make me strive for more.

big shouts out to (in no specific order) nick lott, ryan scouthern, dani holmes, dustin, layton, steve chapman, brad greeno, john evans, gary mclaren, tj botton, cody derrick, jen alden, dale evans, josh fisher, and danya allen. to all of you: you have allowed me to understand fitness better, allowed me to train you, and myself, allowed me into your lives, and i am thankful you work as hard as i ask. we have been on a journey, and will continue to grow together. thanks to everyone who has stepped through the front door of VITALITY to stay, to leave, to work, to fail. whatever your reason i think you for being a part of my love for fitness, and my personal growth.

even after digging a hole, still find the energy to drive out of it.
:10 away from a goal is more than discouraging.
dustin @ 1:50 average...

dustin, john
row 10:00 easy pace.
rest 2:00
row 5:00 @, or <>
rest 2:00
test 2k time:
dustin: 7:10
john: 7:15

ride :30 @, or > 424 watts
x20 frog hops
15 yards broad jumps
rest 2:00
5 rounds

pullup ladder 1-7 as cooldown

extra credit for dustin:
step up ladder in rack position on 20" box w/2 20# kbs
pushup ladder
1-10
x10 36" box jumps

melissa/pcme
ride 5:00-7:00

x10 squat
x5 jump squat/knee jumps
x5 shoulder dislocates
3 rounds

work to 155# (body weight) push press for pcme
melissa @ 2 15# dumbells.
workout:
x5 push press
1:00 sprint on airdyne for calories
rest 2:00
5 rounds

melissa: 15, 17, 16, 18, 18
pcme: 30, 30, 30, 28, 31

work to 225# dead lift (1.5x body weight)
melissa @ 2 30# kbs.
workout:
x5 dead lift
1:00 row for meters
rest 2:00
5 rounds

melissa: 211, 208, 215, 21, 223
pcme: 303, 302, 290, 283, 300



No comments:

Post a Comment